Daniel Wickwire was born California in 1951 and grew up in the city of Bakersfield graduating from High School in 1969.
He served for 3 years in the US Army between 1970-1973. While in the Army he was trained as a Medic, Paratrooper, and a Green Beret and served a tour of duty as a Combat Medic in Vietnam.
Daniel is married to Devri and is the father of 3 sons: Derek Yekta, Andrew Nadir and Peter Can. They have been serving as missionaries in Turkey since 1985 and are with Turkish World Outreach. Daniel is the founding pastor of the Batıkent Protestant Church of Ankara.
Dan has written several books in English and in Turkish:
* 100Questions about the Bible and the Qur’an, (in Turkish), 144 pages, 1st Ed. 2001, 2nd Ed. 2003: (in English) 1st Ed. 2003, 2nd Ed. 2004.
* 200Questions about the Bible and the Qur’an, 120 pages, 2014. Also available in: Albanian, Arabic, Azeri, Chinese, Dutch, English, Farsi, French, German, Kazak, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
* A Comparative Analysis of the Similarities andDifferences Between the Qur’an and the Bible, (in Turkish), 216 pages, 2007: (in English), 224 pages, 2007.
* An Outline of Jihad in Islamic History, 144 pages, 2015.
*A Theological Sourcebook, (in English), 240 pages, 1985; (in Turkish), 240 pages, 1987.
* Has the Bible Been Changed?, (in Turkish) 1st Ed., 48 pages, 1987; 2nd Ed. 1994: 3rd Ed. 2007: 4th Ed. 2014: (in English), 96 pages, 1987 1st Ed: 2011, 2nd Ed: 2007; 3rd Ed. 2011; 4th Ed., 108 pages, 2014.
* The Reliability of the Bible According to Jewish, Christian an Islamic Sources, (in Turkish only), 420 pages, 1999.
*The Role of Prayer and Fasting in Binding and Loosing with Special Reference to the Problem of Reaching the Unreached People of the World Today, Unpublished Thesis at Columbia, 78 pages, 1983.
* TheSevmek Thesis: A Grammatical Analysis of the Turkish Verb System: Illustrated by the verb “Sevmek” = “To Love”, Published thesis (in English & Turkish), 170 pages, 1987; 2nd Ed. 1,000 pages, 2012.
* The Wickwire Compendium of Islam, 1,000 pages, 2010.
This book can be downloaded as a PDF
and printed out at: danwickwire.com
The Wickwire Compendium of Islam 1000 pages
0.* About the Editor........................................2-3
00.* Major Subjects Index*..................................4-5
000.* Detailed Subject Index*................................6-22 1.* 200 Questions About the Bible and the Qur'an*..........23-33