2. The number of illiterates in this country continues to rise. A) people who cannot read and write
B) people without children
C) people who participate in sports
D) people who purchase more than they can afford
3. The consensus among his sisters was that he ought to get married.
4. A younger sister is obnoxious to have around when a young girl's boyfriend comes to call.
B) too much
5. The public is very dubious about the government's plans for a tax cut.
6. The refusal of many nations to participate in the Olympic Games in Moscow was an admonishment to the Soviets.
7. The fireman tried to coax the cat down the top branch of the tree.