5. At a high temperature, evaporation is more rapid than at a lower temperature. A) absorption of a liquid
B) decreased energy of molecules
C) change of a solid into a liquid
D) change of liquid into vapour
6. The main road will be closed until the blizzard finishes.
7. After climbing to the zenith, he slowly walked his way down the mountain.
8. The lifeboat was inundated by a huge wave.
9. A pole with red and white spiral stripes is the symbol for a barber's shop.
In this list, travel is the most general word. _________ is for religious purposes. ________ is short. __________ is either on the sea or in space. ___________ is long and with a purpose. _________ is for scientific purposes. __________ is a plan.
emigrate, immigrate, migrate, nomad, refugee
1. Study the difference: emigrate, immigrate, migrate
2. Study the difference: nomad, refugee
guest, host, passenger
1. one who entertains guests
book, reserve, seat
1. Book (v) _________ (n)
2. Reserve (v) _________ (n)
3. Seat (n) _________ (v)
D. VEHICLES AND TRANSPORT ON LAND
auto, buffet, carriage, transport, vehicle
3. move, carry
4. passenger car on the train
5. restaurant car on the train
pram, trolley, wheelchair
1. baby's car
2. vehicle for serving drinks etc. in a restaurant
3. vehicle for sick or physically handicapped people
1. DueX _ _ due
2. Scheduled X _ _ _-scheduled
boot, chain, engine, gear, puncture, shield, tyre, wheel, windscreen
1. a bicycle has two
2. on bicycles, this transmits power to the back wheel