Program of Undergraduate Education Administered in English
Undergraduate Program for Major in Aircraft Design Engineering 3
Undergraduate Program for Major in Astronautics Engineering 10
Undergraduate Program for Major in Marine Engineering 16
Undergraduate Program for Major in Materials Science and Engineering 20
Undergraduate Program for Major in Mechanical Engineering 29
Undergraduate Program for Major in Civil Engineering 38
Undergraduate Program for Major in Electronics and Information Engineering 43
Undergraduate Program for Major in Computer Science and Technology 58
Undergraduate Program for Major in Business Administration 65
Undergraduate Program for Major in Aircraft Design Engineering
I. Description of major
The major Aircraft Design and Engineering (for international students) has two professors of the Cheung Kong Scholars Program issued by the Ministry of Education, two winners of the New Century Excellent Talents Program of the Ministry of Education, and one innovation team of the Cheung Kong Scholars Program issued by the Ministry of Education. Currently there are three main research areas: new concept aircraft design, integrated aircraft structural design, and aircraft reliability engineering, PHM and ergonomics. Specifically, research efforts in this major are focused on the following aspects: 1. innovative design, integrated design and evaluation for large aircraft (including both large passenger and large cargo aircraft), future fighters and unmanned aerial vehicles; 2. new structural and mechanical design; 3. integrated structural analysis and evaluation; 4. composite structure and intelligent structure; 5. structure optimization; 6. system reliability, maintainability, safety analysis and design; 7. structure/mechanism reliability analysis and design, and 8. reliability tests.
This program aims to train the students to be high-quality engineers or researchers who have solid mathematics and mechanics foundation, have the basic knowledge and theory of disciplines related to aircraft engineering as well as the corresponding professional knowledge, and can specifically work on the conceptual design of aircraft, spacecraft and launchers, structural design, aircraft configuration design, calculation and analysis of aircraft performance, structural load and analysis, aircraft fault detection and maintenance, software development, and general mechanical design and manufacture and so on.
The knowledge and abilities that graduates shall have are as follows:
1) Basic knowledge and theory related to aircraft design, such as aircraft conceptual design, structural design, flight dynamics, estimation of aircraft aerodynamic parameters, fluid dynamics, solid dynamics, experimental dynamics structural strength design, aircraft maintenance and so on;
2) Basic professional skills of aircraft design, and necessary skills in calculation, testing, experiment and software development required by this major;
3) Being familiar with relevant principles, policies and regulations of this major;
4) Being familiar with the frontier research, application prospects and development trends in various fields of this major;
5) Basic skills to perform bibliographic retrieval and information resources searching, initial capabilities to perform scientific research and practical work, generally high quality and strong abilities of innovation.
(1) Discipline elementary courses including 8 courses, in total 26.5 credits:
Mechanical Mapping, Theoretic Mechanics, Fundamentals of Aerodynamics, Introduction to Structure Mechanics, Electrical and Electronic Technology, Experiment for Electrical and Electronic Technology, The Fundamental of Machine Design, Principles of Automatic Control.
(2) Major’s core courses including 8 courses, in total 19.5 credits: