1. a movement of the hands or arms, or an expression on the face, to show an idea or feeling
2. make known; show by a sign
3. use movements of the arms and hands to express ideas or feelings
1. personify; exemplify
2. symbol, sign
1. The opposite of the word nonsense is cer_ _ _ _ty.
1. Advertise = pub_ _ _ _ze, pro_ _ _im
2. An advertisement on TV is called a com_ _ _ _ _al.
broadcast, correspond, publicity
1. advertising, promotion
2. communicate; agree
3. proclaim, declare
1. Receive (v) ____________ (n)
2. Transmit (v) ____________ (n)
Find synonym for the underlined word.
1. The homework was to write a synopsis of our favourite novel.
2. The number of illiterates in this country continues to rise. A) people who cannot read and write
B) people without children
C) people who participate in sports
D) people who purchase more than they can afford
3. The consensus among his sisters was that he ought to get married.
4. A younger sister is obnoxious to have around when a young girl's boyfriend comes to call.
B) too much
5. The public is very dubious about the government's plans for a tax cut.