This program offers an introduction to the current state of IT/IT business in Korea. Students will learn about various aspects of IT in Korea such as wireless communication and optical communication. They will also have opportunities to visit world’s renowned IT companies, including Samsung and LG Electronics. This program also exposes students to the Korean language and culture by offering an intensive Korean language course and chances to visit Korean historic, cultural sites.
◈ Special Features.
1. Information Technology Specialized Curriculum
All the courses of ICU focus on IT. Students are going to participate in lectures on cutting edge technology and its applications. ICU highly values interdisciplinary course works. One of Its main goals is training business men with technology skills and engineers with business mind. Therefore, students are encouraged to take courses from both schools, School of Engineering and Schools of IT-Business
2. All major courses are taught in English.
ICU is the only university in Korea that offers all major courses in English. English as an official language of instruction will lower the language barrier for the students who are afraid to come to Korea without knowing any Korean. Also, Korean Language courses are offered for the students who wish to learn Korean.
3. Almost 20% of the students are international students from 31 different countries.
Very competent and highly gifted students from around the world are attending ICU. This truly international atmosphere guarantees active and culturally diverse class.
4. Learn from the Best faculty members in the field http://eng.icu.ac.kr/ http://biz.icu.ac.kr/
ICU Faculty members are researchers with extensive experiences in research projects with industries and research institutes and with outstanding research achievements.
5. Located In the middle of Korea, the heart of Korea’s IT industry, Daejeon.
- Located in Daejeon the middle of South Korea, one can go anywhere in Korea in 2~3 hours
- Located in Daedok Science Town, Korean version of Silicon Valley.
Many multinational corporations including Samsung, LG, KT, and Hyundai have their R&D center in the region
6. Great IT-Related Sites to Visit- Immerse Yourself to Korean Culture
- During 8weeks of the program, students will visit different sites every week. It includes prominent IT companies such as Samsung Electronics and research institutions such as Electronics & Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), which have been considered as a driving force for the IT industry in Korea while having developed cutting edge technology such as TDX-Exchange, High Density Semiconductor Microchips, Mini-Super Computer (TiCOM), and Digital Mobile Telecommunication System (CDMA). Also, students will visit cultural hot spots including An-Dong Heritage Park, Seoul (Insa-Dong), and Palaces (Geongbokgung & Deoksugung), finally the best honeymoon place in Korea, the fantastic Jeju island.
Seoul (Insa-Dong), Palaces (Geongbokgung & Deoksugung), LG Science Hall
week 8 (8/10~12)
Jeju Island Field Trip
* Summer 2007, subject to change.
◈ Credit Transfer
You should consult with your academic advisor or study abroad office regarding credit transfer before joining the program. At student's request, a transcript will be sent to his/her home institution and home address.
Step1) Fill out and send registration form by mail or email.
* Registration forms can also be downloaded from our website www.icu.ac.kr/cie/index.htm
Step2) Pay program fee after receiving registration confirmation through email.
* Payments can be made by check or money order.
◈ Program Fee
For students of partner institutions, the program fee is $1,200/person, including meals, housing and field trips. Not included in the amount are tuition and fees to the student’s home institution, airfare, insurance, spending money and others.
For others, the fee is $3,000/person, including the tuition, housing, and field trips. Not included in the amount are airfare, meals, insurance, spending money, and others.
Obtaining a passport usually takes several weeks depending on the legal procedure of your country. Please be prepared in advance. All students have the responsibility to use appropriate forms to obtain the correct visa necessary to attend ICU. Since the International Summer Program lasts less than 90 days, foreign students can apply for a 90-day short-term visa (C-3). Please consult the Korean consulate or embassy nearest your area or visit http://www.mofat.go.kr/en.
◈ Weather and Clothes
Summer in Korea is generally very hot, humid and rainy. It is advisable to carry light clothes, umbrella, and raincoat. The temperature during the summer time ranges 25 C- 35 C(77F ~ 95F).