Associate Prof.Dr.Gulgun Erdogan Tosun was born in 1966 in Aydin. She completed her primary and secondary education in Aydin. She graduated from 9th September University Faculty of Economy and Administration Sciences, Public Administration Department in 1988, then received Master degree from Ege University Social Sciences Institute at Mass Communication Branch in 1992 and PhD degree from 9th September University Social Sciences Institute at Political Science Branch in 1998. She took Associate Prof. Title in 2004. She has been working at the Ege University Communication Faculty Journalism Department since 1990. Among her books are From the Democratization Perspective Relationship Between State and Civil Society (2002), The Search of Political Stability of Turkey (whith Tanju Tosun) (1999), Izmir NGOs Guide (2002), and Civil Society in Izmir (2006) . She is concerned in democracy, human rights issues, children’s rights and media, civil society (NGOs), elections, political parties, political systems, and electronic democracy. She gives lectures on Introduction to Political Sciences, Contemporary Political Systems, Field Research and Political Communication. She also participated some Bia2, Unicef and Regional Environment Center (REC Turkey) Projects that were about human rights and children’s rights in media, NGOs and communication and public relations as a lecturer.
Papers Presented in International Scientific Congress :
1. Tosun, G., Kurt, H.; “The Rights of Children in Public Sphere and News Value: An Evaluation on Turkish Press”, 2nd.International Children and Communication Congress “The Impact of Communication on Children”, Istanbul University, Communication Faculty, 4-6th April 2005.
2. İbrahimov, A., Tosun, T., Tosun, G., “Identity Problems of the Caucasian and Balkan Immigrants: A Research in Izmir Example”, Mountain Countries: Population, Geopolitics, GIS Monitoring, Stavropol, 25-30 Eylül 2005, International Geographical Union, University of Stavropol, Institute of Geography of Russian Academy of Science, Paris Institute of Eastern Languages and Civilisations, Stavropol, 2005.
3. Tosun, T., Tosun G.E., “Bridging the Gap Between Local Governments and Citizens: Do Web Sites Matter for Creating Governance? Some Observations on Turkish Local Governments”, Public Administration and Public Policy in Emerging Europe & Eurasia: For Professionalism, Impartiality and Transparency, The 14th NISPAcee Annual Conference, 11th - 13th May 2006, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
4. Tosun, G.E.., Tosun T, “Party Membership and Party Members’ Political Participation in Turkey”, Citizenship(s): International Congress on Discourses and Practices, Fernando Pessao University, 29th and 30th June 1st July 2006, Porto, Portugal.
5. Tosun, G., “Civil Society in Turkey”, Conference within Socrates-Erasmus Framework, Stanislaw Staszic School of Public Administration in Bialystok, 3rd and 4th November 2005, Bialystok Poland.
6. Tosun, G. E., “Converging Agendas? Dialogue Between Muslim and Secular Activists in Turkey’s Women’s Movement”,International Symposium New Perspectives For Human Rights, As a Discussiant, Akgun Istanbul Hotel, 27th -29th May 2006, Istanbul.
Books and Book Chapters (in Turkish) 1. Tosun, G.E., Tosun, T., Türkiye’nin Siyasal İstikrar Arayışı (The Search of Political Stability of Turkey), Alfa Publications, Istanbul, 1999.
2. Tosun, G.E., Demokratikleşme Perspektifinden Devlet Sivil Toplum İlişkisi ve Türkiye Örneği (From The Democratization Perspective Relationship Between State and Civil Society: Turkish Case), Alfa Publications, Istanbul, 2002.
4. Tosun, G.E., “Sivil Toplum” (Civil Society), Eds. Muhittin Acar, Huseyin Ozgur, Contemporary Public Administration I-, Nobel Publications, Ankara, 2003.
5. Tosun, G.E., “Elektronik Demokrasi” (Electronic Democracy), Eds. Muhittin Acar, Huseyin Ozgur, Contemporary Public Administration-II, Nobel Publications, Ankara, 2004.
6. Tosun, G.E., “Global Sivil Toplum Siyaset ve Yurttaşlık” (Global Civil Society, Politics and Citizenships), Ed.Lutfi Sunar, Civil Society: Different Perspectives, Kaknus Publications, Istanbul, 2005.
7. Tosun, G.E., “Birleştirici Demokrasi Devlet-Sivil Toplum İlişkisinin Yeniden Yapılandırılması İçin Bir Analiz Aracı Olabilir mi” (Does Associative Democracy as an Analytical Tool for Reconstruction of State and Civil Society Relations), Ed.Lutfi Sunar, Civil Society and Democracy, Kaknus Publications, Istanbul, 2005, pp.23-54.
8. Tosun, G.E., “Türkiye’de Devlet Sivil Toplum İlişkisi ve Demokrasinin Pekişmesinin Önündeki Engeller” (The Obstacles of the State and Civil Society Relationships and Democratic Consolidation in Turkey), Civil Society and Democracy, Ed.Lutfi Sunar, Kaknus Publications, Istanbul, 2005, pp.123-143.
9. Tosun, G.E., “Yeni İletişim Teknolojileri ve Sivil Toplum” (New Communication Technologies and Civil Society), Ed.Beril Akinci Vural, Knowledge-Communication Technologies and Its Reflections”, Nobel Publications, Ankara, 2006, pp.59-88.
10. Tosun, G.E., İzmir’de Sivil Toplum (Civil Society in Izmir), Alfa Aktuel Publications, Istanbul, 2006.
Recent Articles (in Turkish)
1. Tosun, G.E., “İnsan Hakları ve Medya” (Human Rights and Media), Journal of Civil Society, January-June 2006, Year 4, Number 13, pp.121-134.
2. Tosun, G.E., “Kadınlara Politikanın Ardına Kadar Açık Apolitik Kapısı: Mahalle Muhtarlığı” (The Apolitic Open Door of Politics For Woman: Mukhtar (Head of Neihborhood), Women’s Studies Journal, January-April 2006, 1(1), pp.30-43.