1. Environmental Health Perspectives Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) is a monthly US journal of peer-reviewed research and news on the impact of the environment on human health. EHP content is free online and available in print issues through paid subscription. Contributions sought include: research papers (includes a section on children’s health), news and a letters page.
2. Environmental Health News
Environmental HealthNewsis published daily by Environmental Health Sciences, a US not-for-profit organization founded in 2002 to help increase public understanding of emerging scientific links between environmental exposures and human health. It has a special section of news reports from organizations working to protect human health from environmental exposures.
3. Science Science magazine has a printed and online version. It is published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
4. Environmental Daily News (ENDS) UK based on-line publication, which has a Brussels office. Provides environmental intelligence for professionals in Europe, including news, jobs, events and web site listing, mainly to companies. Probably Europe’s most influential environment and health policy publication.
5. British Medical Journal (BMJ) The BMJ is the printed and online magazine of the British Medical Association. It has a strong news section (and a Letters to the Editor page) and has published some key articles on health and the EU. It has a Brussels correspondent, Rory Watson. The BMJ Group publish local editions in Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Turkey and the US.
6. New Scientist Weekly science and technology news magazine published in the UK (print and website archive). For scientists and general public. More up-to-date than academic journals but more authoritative than newspapers. Brussels office/correspondent.
7. Eurohealth Eurohealth is published quarterly by the European Health Policy Research Network (EHPRN) at the LSE (part of London university). It provides a forum for those directly involved in health policy to express their views on topical issues, and so contribute to a constructive debate on health policy. Articles and news items are commissioned.
8. Public Health News Public Health News is a UK weekly publication aimed at public health practitioners. A joint venture between the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Royal Institute for Public Health (RIPH), UK Public Health Association (UKPHA), Royal Society for Promotion of Health (RSPH) and is distributed to all the organisations' members and other subscribers. The European Public Health Alliance contributes regularly.
9. Environmental Health News (UK)
Environmental Health News is the weekly newspaper for environmental health professionals published by the UK Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) members.
10. Ecologist (English, French)
The Ecologist describes itself as the world’s most respected environmental affairs magazine. It is published monthly as printed copy and website edition in English. L’Ecologiste, is the French version of The Ecologist.
The magazine examines the connection between “food, war, politics, pharmaceuticals, farming, toxic chemicals, corporate fraud, mass media or supermarkets and challenges conventional thinking. It aims to empower readers to tackle global issues on a local scale. It focuses on the root causes, not just the after-effects, of current events.”
11. The Lancet This independent (without affiliation to a medical or scientific organisation) publication offers an authoritative voice in global medicine. Unfortunately, although it publishes editorials as well as “high-quality clinical trials that will alter medical practice”, it has recently dropped its news section. thelancet.com