personality in later life. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 5:123-131 (paper selected to be included in the text Geriatric Psychiatry: Key Research Topics for Clinicians, editors E. Murphy & G. Alexopoulos, Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons, 1995)
27. Koenig HG, Breitner J (1990): Antidepressant use in the medically ill older person.
28. Koenig HG (1990). Depressed or just sick? Archives of Internal Medicine 150:1349-1350 (LTE)
29. Koenig HG, Hover M, Bearon LB, Travis JL (1991). Religious perspectives of
doctors, nurses, patients and families: Some interesting differences. Journal of Pastoral Care 45:254-267
30. Koenig HG (1991). Depressive disorders in older medical inpatients. American
depressive symptoms in medical inpatients: Age and racial differences. International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine 22:11-31
35. Koenig HG, Herman S (1994). Religion and coping with sexual impotence in later
life. Journal of Religious Gerontology 9(1):73-87
36. Koenig HG, Cohen HJ, Blazer DG, Meador KG, Westlund R (1992). A brief
depression scale for detecting major depression in the medically ill hospitalized patient. International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine 22:183-195
37. Koenig HG, Cohen HJ, Blazer DG, Pieper C, Meador KG, Shelp F, Goli V,
DiPasquale R (1992). Religious coping and depression in elderly hospitalized medically ill men. American Journal of Psychiatry 149:1693-1700
38. Meador KG, Koenig HG, Turnbull J, Blazer DG, George LK, Hughes D (1992).
Religious affiliation and major depression. Hospital and Community Psychiatry in 43:1204-1208
in hospitalized medically ill patients: Taking a closer look. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 40:1013-1017
40. Koenig HG (1993). Screening for depression. J Am Geriatr Society 41:464-465 (LTE)
41. Koenig HG (1993): Religion and aging. Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 3(2):195-203.
42. Koenig HG (1993). Trends in geriatric psychiatry of relevance to pastoral
counselors. Journal of Religion & Health 32:131-151
43. Koenig HG, George LK, Blazer DG, Pritchett J, Meador KG (1993). The
relationship between religion and anxiety in a sample of community-dwelling older adults. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 26 (1):65-93
44. Koenig HG, Westlund RE, George LK, Hughes DC, Hybels C (1993).
Abbreviating the Duke Social Support Index for use in chronically ill older adults. Psychosomatics 34:61-69
45. Koenig HG, Ford S, George LK, Blazer DG, Meador KG (1993). Religion and
anxiety disorder: An examination and comparison of associations in young, middle-aged, and elderly adults. Journal of Anxiety Disorders 7:321-342