Sno nrp steering Committee Notes



Yüklə 14,32 Kb.
tarix26.08.2018
ölçüsü14,32 Kb.


SNO NRP Steering Committee Notes

Meeting Mon. 04/17/06

SNO Office
Attended: John Akre, Susan Kulstad, Kirsten Rome and drop-ins: Jenny Fortman, Elsa Rome, Paul Ruhland
NEXT MEETING MONDAY MAY 15th
Tonight’s Meeting Features:

  • Draft Phase II Plan & Summary for 4/22 Annual Meeting

  • Outreach, Agenda & Prep for June 10th Neighborhood Meeting on Proposed Plan

  • Preliminary Plan Budget Outline – Work up info for your sections, for 5/15 meeting



PLAN SUMMARY & DRAFT SECTIONS
John handed out a draft plan summary booklet (4 pp) that outlines goals and strategies. All agreed that with finalizing this should work well for the upcoming Annual Meeting (4/22) and for the June 10th neighborhood meeting to propose and discuss the plan.
Housing: We need info from Denise at NEHRC on how much funding remains in each existing housing program.
Environment Draft: Beth has become very busy, hasn’t been able to work on the Environment section of the plan, and may need to leave our committee. In the meantime, John has drafted this section and sent it to Beth for review as well as shared a summary with the group tonight. We discussed placement of redundant items in the Summary, with bus stops and SNO walks going into Environment.
Youth: Kirsten handed out her draft plan for Youth, geared at 12-17 year-olds, for discussion. A rework of the goal was suggested to reflect the overall aim to develop a web site for youth, and then use the former “goal” as the main strategy. All the information is there. We discussed a slight rework of the “Partners” section to reflect their contributions to the project, and received clarification on the budget info – fund maintenance item for 3 years for start-up (City WiFi contractor 5% of profits funding for Digital Divide projects may help once established).

OUTREACH FOR SAT. JUNE 10th 10:00 am NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING (at ESNS)
The group developed the following outreach plan:
Press Release to Northeaster: Susan will write & submit, John will call Gail Olsen

For Events, & hopefully an article on plans



Post Card Mailer to Sheridan: John will arrange with SNO Board
Flyers for Kiosk, Shop Windows, Library, ESNS, etc.: Elsa offered to develop flyer!

Susan will send her the press release info to utilize



AGENDA DEVELOPMENT FOR JUNE 10th
Introduction of River Run Art Proposals for Neighbor Input on Selection

Trish Schilling, SNOart Chair

13th Avenue Lighting & Streetscape Proposal

Adam Sandstrom-Maleitzke, CURA Intern

Sheridan 2015 Plan Proposal for Neighbor Comment


  • Handout: Comment & Ballot sheet

  • Crime & Safety – John Akre

  • Arts & Business – Susan Kulstad

  • Youth – Kirsten Rome

Break for all to review River Run proposals

Sheridan 2015 Plan for Comment – cont’d



  • Housing – Paul Ruhland

  • Environment – John Akre

  • Community Building – Susan Kulstad

Neighborhood Ballot on Overall Plan Proposal
John has reserved ESNS meeting room from 9:00 am. Encourage folks to come ~9:30a to review River Run proposals and info table (i.e., Land Trust, SNO meeting info, etc.). Will need:
Flip Chart & markers – Stacy, for taking comments after each plan section presentation

SNO ballot box

Comment & Ballot hand out

PRELIMINARY PLAN BUDGET
John calculated, and $275,000 of our Phase II NRP funding will go to Housing programs, including our Lites on Sheridan instant rebate incentive for residential (maybe solar) lighting installation. That leaves $175,000 for everything else. We began to list items that will need budget estimates by next meeting from all for your plan section, but these need work:

Youth $5000

Street Lighting $ (need info from Adam on how much Logan paid down)

Curb Bump-Out $

NK AAP Cmte Arts District Demarcation + Web $11,000

13th Ave. Furnishings /Markers /Signs /Planters $

River Park $

SNO Good Living $2000 - $5000

Housing programs $ (need existing funds info from Denise)


NEXT STEP & UPCOMING MEETINGS: TOPICS & GUESTS

Meeting Date

Topic or Next Step

Invited Guests

By Next Meeting

May 15


Outreach for June 10th Meeting:

  • Press release to N’Easter – Susan

  • Call Gail Olsen – John

  • SNO Postcard – John

  • Flyers – Elsa Rome



May 15


Prep Budget, River Park & June 10 Presentation of

Proposed Plan to Neighborhood



Jenny Fortman,

SNO Park Cmte



June 10 Sat. 10 am

Neighborhood Meeting on Phase 2 Plan



~April


NRP Cmte send draft Ph II plan to Carl Nelson, Green

Inst.







Yüklə 14,32 Kb.

Dostları ilə paylaş:




Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©muhaz.org 2020
rəhbərliyinə müraciət

    Ana səhifə