If you walk too much with uncomfortable shoes, you will have _____s on your feet. If you _____ it, a watery substance will flow and it will hurt. On the other hand, a _____ is a mark left on the skin after a damage or injury.
beat, bite, blow, break, bruise, fracture, stab
1. Once again, he is beating around the _____ (bush/topic/branch)
2. During polar expeditions, _____bite (snow/ice/hail) can be a real problem.
3. Peter blew _____ (off/on/out) the candles and went to sleep.
4. His words _____ (opened/hurt/scratched) an old bruise.
5. My son and her girlfriend broke _____ (out/off/in) last weekend.
6. He had to fight the final round of the boxing match with a fractured _____ (nose/palm/brain).
7. I trusted him and he stabbed me in the _____ (top/back/foot).
blind, deaf, mute
1. The terrorists _____ the hostage so that he wouldn't see any faces. BLIND
2. We heard a _____ sound. Then, there was a long silence. DEAF
3. I prefer _____ colours for the curtains. MUTE
- Which is a more serious problem: (a) being infirm or (b) being senile?
_____ (1) ceremonies vary from country to country. Ancient Egyptians first _____ (2) the dead body and then placed it in a _____ (3) . Today, the _____ (4) has become an industry in some countries. First, expensive ______ (5) appear in newspapers. _____ (6) are made of best quality wood, and sometimes of metal. During the ceremony people send _____ (7) . If the deceased person is rich or an important figure, a _____ (8) is built above the _____ (9) .
deceased, late, mortal
1. The _____ president of the company was a real menace.