2. What is difference between outdoor and outdoors?
arcade, arch, beam, column, pillar
1. a covered passage, especially one with a roof supported by arches or with a row of shops on one
or both sides
2. a curved top on two supports, for example under a bridge or a church roof or above a door or
3. a large long heavy piece of wood, especially used as a part of the structure of a building
4. a tall solid upright stone post used in a building as a support or decoration or standing alone as
5. something tall, narrow and upright
flight, floor, level, storey
1. a floor or level in a building
2. a position of height in a city, building, etc.
3. a set of stairs
4. the part of a room, house etc. on which one walks
ladder, stairs, step
1. a number of fixed steps one above the other, on which one can go up or down a building, from
1. a metal rod used to poke a fire in order to make it burn better
2. a room
3. a round handle or control button
4. a small space in the form of a small room added to another room for a bed, chair, books, etc.
5. a space in the wall of a room for shelves, cupboards, etc.
lavatory, restroom, sink, towel
In the word list, lavatory is synonymous to _____. A sink is in the kitchen; when it is in the bathroom, it is called a _____. The sort of towel that is sold in small boxes and used for cleaning is used _____ towel.
pipe, plumber, sewage, sewer, tank, tap
1. The verb form of the word pipe is _____.
2. The verb form of the word plumber is _____.
3. The system which drains sewage is called sewage _____ system.
4. A sewer system is called a _____ system.
5. A committee of experienced people is called a _____ tank.
6. In the sentence His phone is being tapped, the verb tap means _____.
C. AREAS AROUND AND NEAR HOUSES
1. He is a _____ estate agent.
2. A structure similar to patio is a t_____.
accommodate, dwell, inhabit, reside, settle
1. The committee is providing _____ for the participants. ACCOMMODATE
2. They discovered an ancient _____ in the middle of the island. DWELL
3. The _____ of the island protested against the traffic system. INHABIT
4. The _____ held a demonstration is the area. RESIDE
5. They are setting up a new _____ near the city. SETTLE